Posted by Claire on Feb 08 2011, in Smocking, WIP
Look what arrived in the mail!
The buttons are stash. They’re glass and while they look really dark here, they’re a darn near exact match for the fabric. They’re just the right size, too so hurray for serendipity.
When we last left our intrepid heroine, she was here:
And here’s the progress I’ve made. (And no, the fabric hasn’t changed colour – I took these last night, under artificial light. Went from blue to kinda greyish – darn colour temperatures! The pictures I took in natural light are accurate.)
Not a ton, admittedly, but I have completed the smocking on Flower Power, made the Valentine’s pouches and made a sample for the quilting class I taught last week. Plus worked and wrote and generally kept my family fed and dressed and out of the pool halls 🙂
As you can see, I completed the top band and have made about five rows of progress on the second. Haven’t started in on the beadwork yet, but that will come as soon as I finish the trellis diamonds. The backsmocking is done, too and when that’s done, I can pull out the pleating threads and get on to the ribbon work.